Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC; formerly AIDS Committee of London) is a community inspired organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals and diverse communities living with, at risk for, or affected by the challenges associated with HIV/AIDS.
RHAC is a charitable organization that was established in 1985 in London, Ontario. Since 2007, they have been providing services in the six counties surrounding London—Perth, Huron, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex, and Oxford.
All people are welcome at RHAC. They strive to: improve the quality of life for those living with and affected by HIV/AIDS; reduce the number of new infections in our communities; and increase awareness about HIV/AIDS in the six counties they serve.
Without fundraised dollars, many of RHAC‘s free client programs would not exist:
- Country Cupboard Foodbank: Assistance to supplement essential nutritional needs.
- Wellness Assistance Fund: Provides life-saving medications to our clients.
- Client Holiday Dinner: Annual opportunity to socialize and partake in a nutritious, festive meal.
- AIDS Vigil: Two regional events for our communities to Remember, Honour and Celebrate.
- PHA (People Living with HIV/AIDS) Forums: A time to educate, socialize and address client wellness.
- Monthly PHA Socials: Help address barriers of isolation by bringing clients together for activities and fellowship.
Over the past five years, Tachycardia has provided RHAC with over $120 000 in donations and is their largest third-party sponsor.